Areas Of Practice:
Estates, Wills, & Trusts; Estate Planning
We provide a broad range of financial and estate planning services for single and married individuals and business owners. Our firm renders estate and tax planning advice to clients, ranging from younger individuals with growing estates to individuals who have retired to Florida with their accumulated assets and fixed incomes. We help our clients to not only preserve the estates they have accumulated, but also to plan for possible future mental and physical incapacity and provide for surviving spouses and children.
Among our services, the firm prepares or provides:
- Simple and Complex Wills,
- Revocable, Irrevocable and Life Insurance Trusts,
- Durable Powers of Attorney,
- Health Care Surrogate Designations,
- Living Wills,
- Income, Estate and Gift Tax Planning and
- All forms of Probate and Trust Administrations.
At RICHARDS, GILKEY, FITE, SLAUGHTER, PRATESI & WARD, P.A. we provide a full range of real estate services. The firm:
- Represents buyers and sellers in connection with the sale and acquisition of both commercial and residential properties,
- Represents lenders in connection with real estate and other commercial and residential financing,
- Provides title insurance as agents for Attorney's Title Insurance Fund, Land America Title Company, and Old Republic Title.
- Prepares real estate related documentation such as leases and purchase and sale agreements,
- Prepares condominium prospectuses and homeowner association documentation,
- Represents landlords and tenants,
- Represents real estate brokers and
- Represents condominium and homeowner associations.
The firm represents corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, and other business associations in all aspects of commercial activity, including:
- Entity selection,
- Business formations,
- Mergers and acquisitions,
- Dissolutions and
- Creditors' rights. In addition, the firm:
- Drafts and reviews contracts,
- Negotiates contracts,
- Prepares shareholder agreements,
- Drafts employment agreements,
- Drafts non-competition agreements,
- Protects trade secrets and
- Provides general corporate counsel.
RICHARDS, GILKEY, FITE, SLAUGHTER, PRATESI & WARD, P.A. represents several financial institutions and other lenders throughout the three-county region of Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco counties. We represent lenders and financial institutions in structuring loan transactions, preparing loan documentation, closing loan transactions and resolving problem loans.